Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Saddle'um Up, Move'um Out!

We've been to New Harmony a couple times this month and loved it! (Of course...when don't we love it?!)


First was the cattle branding. I missed almost all of it on account of Tig or Alex or both, but Dev had a good time bulldoggin.
What a stud! Alex & Auntie HeatherThis isn't the best picture, but I just wanted to show Tigi's "girlies." All the girl cousins are why she really LOVES to go to New Harmony. They take her everywhere with them! It's nice for us too. :)I thought this was too cute because Tigi always makes Grandpa Garth work for her affection, but Alex just loves him! He'd go to him all the time without any fuss. :)
We like to start um young. If we start now, I'm sure he'll be a pro by the time he's 16...or maybe he'll just tell me that. :)
There was lots of horseback riding (and a little bit of rodeoing too, poor Debbie and Carly).
Tigi was so big sitting all by herself.Here we are waiting our turn for the horsies.
I love this pic. Thanks Uncle!
Just a couple a cowboys...Alex and Uncle Lloyd.
You can never go to NH without eating LOTS and LOTS of delicious food! I think it's what we do best. :) Alex playin at the park.There's alway time for swimming on a hot day!
This was our attempt at a family picture. We might not all be looking in the right direction...but at least everyone is smiling!My beautiful Tigi girl.
This awesome machine is the latest and greatest toy in NH. It's a sweet ride so far as Austrian war machines go. But it definitely is good for loadin up a bunch of people for "wilderness excursions." :) We stopped in to give my dad some flowers on Memorial Day weekend and spent a little time at the cemetery. I still can't believe it's already been 3 years since he passed. Amazing how time flies.Doesn't Kolob (the mountains behind us) look just a movie backdrop?!
Uncle Lloyd took us on a 4 hour 4-wheeler ride Sunday afternoon up Bumble Mountain. Hea, Tigi and I were in a gator by ourselves that unfortunately couldn't make it up the steep elevations. Instead of Flintstoneing it, Dill and Andolynn were kind enough to let us hitch a ride in the back of theirs. Dang John Deeres.
This picture is overlooking Harmony Valley. Isn't it adorable?! Just cute field after field. Hammin it up at the top of the mountain. Do you notice that Tigi is missing?
That's right, she slept through half the ride in the back of the gator (and I promise...Dillon was not a very cautious driver).:) What can I say...when a girl needs her sleep, she can't be bothered.

4 comments:

Kaymee said...

looks super fun, of course!! I love the pics! Tigi looks alot like you in the horse ones :)

Parley and Katie Call said...

Very cute pictures!

spenceandcass said...

You've got such cute kids! Where is New Harmony anyway?
Oh and I love the cake you had for Tigs birthday! Where did you get it?

The Cairns Family said...

Looks like you guys have been having a great time, your family is so adorable!!! I LOVE Alex's smile.