Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Worst Friday Ever...

Let me just tell you upfront what this post SHOULD have been about. It should have been filled with pictures and sassy tidbits about going to the sand dunes, how silly Tig was, and possibly a sunburn or two. But instead I am going to tell you how everything went wrong on what typically is my favorite day of the week.

So after we were finished with lunch at Macaroni Grill, we went outside to find that our truck had been STOLEN from the parking lot! Not just the truck, but the 4 wheeler in the back, the six new tires just put on it on Thursday, a camera, the garage door opener, some financial papers, and the new brake controller just installed that morning (since we were going to the sand dunes and all). It's a pretty shocking experience, I have to tell you. We called the cops, but could really tell them too much because we didn't know the license plate or the VIN and all of the purchase documents on the truck were still in it. Ugh.

Speed ahead 4 hours later. A police officer finally shows up at our house to fill out a report and he leaves just a short hour and 15 minutes later (note the HEAVY sarcasm on the "short"). We had decided that we weren't going to let the theives totally ruin our great weekend, so we'd borrowed my uncle's truck, found a new hitch (since the other one was of course stolen with our truck), and were started off to the sand dunes.

Speed ahead another hour. Finally after getting McDonald's and the bbq from Dev's dad, we were actually leaving town. Cruising down the highway thinking that everything was going to be alright, one of the tires blows out on the trailer! You should have seen my face (I wish I could have seen my face). Dev gets out and looks for the stuff to change the tire. But with our luck, we should have known that there wouldn't have been a tire iron to change the tire with. And, of course, the was NO cell reception where we stopped since we'd gone down the other side of the hump to Pahrump. What's next you ask..how about crawling along the highway all the way back to Blue Diamond and Rainbow, then waiting there some 25 minutes for help to arrive, then another 1/2 hour, at least, to change the tire, then start back home again. Oh but wait, I wasn't going to leave the trailer in front of our house, since the theives knew where we lived and had the keys to the trailer. So we had to drop it back at my uncle's, take out the stuff that we needed for the night and then went home.

I don't think there has ever been another single day in my life were so many things went wrong. Actually I'm pretty sure of it. The blessing in all of this is that we weren't hurt and that noone has broken into our house this weekend. :) Obviously we were NOT supposed to make it to the sand dunes this weekend, so maybe there was a greater vision in all of this, but the details definitely bite.

So if you see a crewcab silver Chevy dually with Baldwin Development on the side driving down the road, call the cops! That's our truck! The jerks.

9 comments:

Life these days...... said...

OH MY GOSH! Can things get any worse for you guys!? you poor thing,your family has been through alot lately. If I see those JERKS, I'll take care off it! LOL
Good luck eith everything

Trisha said...

Oh Morgan, I feel SO bad for you guys! Hopefully your truck will be recovered soon.

The Ririe's said...

I got the forward from Heather about your truck a couple of days ago. I came to your blog to see if you had gotten it back yet. I am sorry things aren't looking up, but we are defenitley keeping an eye out for your truck!
Alan and Angela (Worthen) Ririe

Lindsay said...

That's just awful. We are so sorry to hear about that. We will be on the lookout!

Leslie said...

I'm so sorry our bad luck filtered over to you.....did you hear that we had a break in at our house last Monday? Yep. Check out my blog. Like you, I'm just glad we're safe. I am glad you are all safe, too. Be on the watch out in your neighborhood. Our officer said we were the fifth burglary in this area in a week! Stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the chldren's book, "alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"! So maddening!

7 Baldwin's said...

Holy cow!!! I'm sooo sorry! Wow- there must have been something REALLY bad that was going to happen at the sand dunes for all that to build up to keep you from going! Yikes- I hope the truck turns up!!

Parley and Katie Call said...

THat is just awful. Hopefully they can find it!

Unknown said...

Hi Morgan! It's me...Mandi. I found you from someone else's blog. But I am so sorry. That sounds awful! I hope you get those guys! What jerks!