Friday, March 21, 2008

Hallelujah!


Our truck, once lost, now is found! We are soooooo glad that our pickup was recovered AND not really in bad shape at all. The thieves punched out the key lock on the driver door, busted the ignition and sliced the steering column, but other than that, the truck's in good shape. Thank goodness! They also took the four wheeler (but left the key, genuises, I know), the engine batteries, the brake controller, and Tigi's car seat. But the brand new tires are still there! Thank you so much to my Mom and everybody at Ewing for helping us put it back together!


So a couple notes for all the rest of you unsuspecting daily drivers (and parkers)...theives can get into your car in about 20 seconds and most of the time bypass any alarm you may have. Apparently the only real way to keep your vehicle in the spot where you left it is to get a so called "kill switch." It's a button or thin key-type mechanism that once removed basically immobilizes your car. Our blue Chevy truck used to have one, but this one didn't. But keep your eyes open when you park your car somewhere for any people looking around or out of place. Alot of thieves wait and watch for vehicles to come in, watch you go inside and bounce.
It's all madness I think, wouldn't it be nice if people just bought their own stuff the old fashioned way rather than stealing. I couldn't even leave Star Nursery without going back inside to pay for a $1.50 basil plant that the cashier missed! I guess my Jimminy Cricket chirps louder than some people's. :)

12 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

well I already talked to you about it...but YAY!!!!!

Debbie Freeman said...

YAY!!! We are so happy for you guys!

Kaymee said...

We are soooo glad!!!!

Kelly said...

I cant believe they found it, Congrats. Where did they find it? Now if you see you 4-wheeler driving around at the dunes you better pounce.

Trisha said...

I'm SO glad you got your truck back! And really, when are we going to get our girls together to play???

Life these days...... said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We learned when the Cottrells had their Tahoe stolen that a key can be made very quickly from the VIN number so easily displayed on the driver's dashboard side, so we put a piece of paper over it ... we're so glad you got your truck back with minimal damage!

jenjamin said...

YIKKESS! I glad you got it back though in one piec, sort of!

Leslie said...

As you typed your blog entry, did you think, "I still can't believe I experienced this?" When Abby was hospitalized at Summerlin the key hole was punched out on the the Suburban the next day. I now think I can't believe we didn't lose it! I am so happy that you got your truck back!

Parley and Katie Call said...

THat is great news!

Heather Bell said...

hooray!!! Thanks for all the education on car stealing. You have me good and paranoid now!=)

The Cairns Family said...

I am so glad you got it back! How did they find it? Right after we left Utah our friends car was stolen down in Arizona, there must be lots of thefts lately!