Saturday, December 1, 2007

Turkeys, Lights and Gingerbread Oh My...

So, yes I've been slacking in the posting department, but I've finally found the time to update so here goes. It seems like November went by at whirl wind speed. Before I knew it, it was Thanksgiving. We got to spend it up in New Harmony with my grandparents and family. Of course (as is necessary for any trip we take), Antigone was sick up until the night before we left. But we made the best of it, atleast she took good naps during the day. :)
It was absolutely FREEZING while we were there, I'm talkin 7-14 degrees in the morning freezing. Terrible, terrible temperatures for a place in southern Utah, but what can ya do. There were lots of great activites like horseback riding, petting the goats and cows and horses, 4-wheeling and Rhino riding, going on horse drawn wagon rides, and playing in the treehouse with swings galore.
BUT as I mentioned before, Tigi wasn't feelin great, so we missed out on most of them. :( (I have a pouty face right now). Maybe next trip I tell myself (or maybe when she's 5 and doesn't get sick every three days anymore). On the plus side, we did get to celebrate Dev's b-day (which was on Thanksgiving) with a fabulous looking ("looking" because of course, I didn't taste it) huge chocolate cake. He said it was fabulous though. :)
My little dancing queen! She's got the rythm.
And now that Thanksgiving is over, let the fun begin!!! Today the Christmas lights went up and most of the decorations are on display in the house. I love Tig's reaction to all the new (to her) things. Oooooo....wooow, she says to just about every little trinket in her view. We also had Dev's family over tonight for the traditional Gingerbread House Fest. Good times, good frosting and of course, good looking houses. :) Tig loves candy these days, so we'll see how long it takes her to find a way up onto the table to attack my festive creation.


The three amigos. :)
Ooooohhhh, but wait...I did want to quickly mention a great new find I was introduced to in St. George...a nifty little store...TaiPan Trading. Loved it! Thanks to Grandma Jerri for the shopping excursion! It's kind of a cross between Pier One and Cost Plus, but without the Asian feel. All the little things that just complete your home decor. I'd highly recommend a looksy if your in the area.:)

4 comments:

Kaymee said...

New Harmony always sounds sooo great!!!

Wendy said...

Why didn't you taste the cake? Are you anti-cake? I pretty much hate chocolate cake, but it's still cake, so I have to at least TASTE it. Hmmm... I don't know if you can be trusted anymore.

Sounds like you guys have been in serious holiday mode. Looks fun!

Adventures in Healing said...

That chocolate cake really DOES look good. You know...I didn't get any cake at all for my birthday....

Baldwin Fam said...

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy...I'm definitely not against cake in general, just the chocolate variety, plus there were 8 pumpkin pies to choose from!!! Ummmm and I love pumpkin pie.:)

And Heather you should have told me..I could have saved you a piece. :)