Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ummm....Apple Pie

This, my friends, is the most delectable little apple pie I've ever made!



(Granted it's like the 2nd apple pie I've ever made, but that's neither here nor there).
Tonight's enrichment was all about making a snacky apple pie and I have to say, I think mine came out really well. :) And who doesn't love it was you do something new and it comes out good?!
These last couple months of the pregnancy, coupled with the start of fall, have REALLY brought on the cravings for any and all "baked apple delicacies." I've always been a lover of cobblers, crisps and pies, but I can't really say that I've ever craved them quite like this. I like to think of it as a "baby Alex bonus." I would much rather crave baked desserts over pickles and hot dogs or the many other things that women get roped into eating under the influence of pregnancy cravings. :) Wouldn't you agree?!

5 comments:

Kaymee said...

Yummy! looks DeeLish!!

Adventures in Healing said...

Hey, feel free to share some of the baked apple goodness. ;) I'm sick in bed today and it could cheer me up. =)
I just totally cracked up at Tig's fart comment.

Wendy said...

mmmmmm... baked apple stuff. Wish I had a pregnancy to blame on my baked goods cravings. Have you treid caramel apple pie (or turnovers or crisp or anything else)? You should try that next time. It has to be good.

The Cairns Family said...

That looks so yummy! If you get a chance will you send me the recipe?

Lila said...

UMMM that looks good. i love warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream!