Saturday, November 1, 2008

One Heavenly Hallow's Eve...

You know how it is sometimes when you don't realize how much you enjoy something until you get to experience it again...well how about a good night's sleep. Baby Alex is one week old now and decided last night that he's ready to sleep like the big boys. With exception of his first night home, he typically only gets up two to three times a night to eat and goes right back to bed. It's wonderful that he doesn't stay awake, just eats and sleeps. Well, last night after a fun evening of watching Tigi trick or treat with her friends Bailee and Reagan, Alex went to bed at 9p, only woke up at 2:30a and I woke him up at 7:30a to eat! It was simply amazing! That's right, I got 9.5, count them...9.5 full hours of sleep last night! What a good little boy to be so nice to his mama. :) With exception of his occasional projectile spitting up, I'm tempted to say he's as perfect a baby as Tigone was (and he's a pro-nurser). :)

On the Tigi front, she thoroughly enjoyed Halloween. She was a "pumpkin witch," which she loved to tell me over and over. She also told me how cute she was. :) Trick or treating was everything I'd hyped it up to be and we even had a few "really, really scary" houses to top off the night. Once around our neighborhood was just enough to satisfy her Halloween desires, of course, that was until this morning when she declared that she wanted to go trick or treating again. It's just so hard for a toddler that fun holidays only come once a year! :) Papa and Alex hanging at Grandma's house for some pumpkin carving.

So how's Antigone handling "big sisterhood" you might be wondering? Like a champ! Actually, probably more like a leech. She loves Alex and always wants to hold him or sit by him...or pat his head...or back if I'm burping him. She's definitely very, VERY lovey with him right now. :) Anytime someone comes over to see him, she asks them where they are taking her baby brother. :) If he starts crying, she'll run to him and say "It's ok brother, I know, I know" over and over. She also likes to climb up next to him and say "What doin baby brother, huh? What doin little buddy?" It's all very cute, if not a bit annoying after a while, but in the end I very glad she loves him rather than hates him. :)

11 comments:

Kaymee said...

you always get good sleepers!! That top pic is so sweet and looks like Dev!

Mama Aunt Jan said...

Aww such a cute little group! The pics are great!

jenjamin said...

HUGE congrats! I can't wait to meet him. He looks perfect!

Wendy said...

Babies who sleep are the best babies ever.

My toddler has been asking to go trick-or-treating every day since Halloween. I fear the Christmas aftermath.

Adventures in Healing said...

You get more sleep than me and you have a brand new baby. He looks so teeny in all those pictures. And he's so cute. Oh, and Tigi is so cute too of course. She sounds just like you, you know.

Randi Chatterton said...

He is so handsome! Glad to hear everything is going well! Can't wait to see him!

spenceandcass said...

Hello Morgan and Devin.....I found you. It was great going out to dinner with you tonight. Let's keep in touch. Our blog address is spenceandcass.blogspot.com

Amanda Finlinson said...

Ok I wish I could say that was happening at my house! I am not getting any sleep! What is your secret? I still can't believe we had our babies on the same day! Just an hour apart! Congrats! Isn't it crazy how you forget how small little newborns are....every time I change Sophie I think that the twins are just huge!!!

Lila said...

Oh how precious! Happy Halloween and congratulations! He is so cute!

Scott, Amber, and Landon said...

I love his dark hair. I'm so glad I got to meet him the other night. Also I'm sorry we couldn't hang out. We definetely need to make plans soon.

Britni said...

man, i just want to cuddle him.