Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Day Without Labor...Ha!

So this past weekend we went for a hike at Mt. Charleston. I've been dying to go and be "out in nature" for quite some time now and Devin finally agreed to go. Since we aren't pro hikers or anything, we don't own a backpack that your toddler goes in for hiking and such, so we ended up carrying her most of the way. I have to admit, I'm pretty weak sauce. When it was my turn to carry her, I'd make it about one switchback (we went to Mary Jane Falls, aka "switchback mania") and then put her down to walk.:) But luck for her, Devin pulled through and carried her most of the way. What a good dad!
Tig LOVED the waterfall!
Ummm...lunch. Nummie, nummie.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

how fun! I want one of those hiking backpacks so badly. I check ebay constantly for a good price on one, but I haven't found a good enough deal for cheapskate me yet. How did Tig do when you let her walk?

Trisha said...

I'm so excited you found me so I could find you!!! This blogging stuff is great. I have been thinking about you guys and wanting to get together again SO BAD! My summer has been quite unusual and unusually busy, so once I'm back in town I plan to get back to normal life...I think I still remember it. Call me or I'll call you and we can get together soon.

PS. I have some cute pictures of our little girls together when you were over!

7 Baldwin's said...

Yay for Blogging! You guys are all so cute- especially Tig! She's so big!!!

The Cairns Family said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun! I have really been wanting to go for a hike, now is the time because we have perfect weather.

Adventures in Healing said...

So cute. Next time we can ALL go. Except, I'm not sure if both my toddlers can even handle all those switchbacks...but we do have 3 hiking backpacks...