Friday, December 19, 2008

Will I Ever Get Them Back?!

My brain cells, folks, are diminishing by the day. They say it's been proven that giving birth shrinks the size of your brain. Well, I don't know if it's the act of giving birth or the combination of a lack of sleep and everything that happens thereafter, but I am definitely suffering from some brain loss.


Just for the sake of journaling, I'd like to document a few things that have gone by the wayside since Alex was born.


1. Not just one, but TWO bills have been completely forgotten about. Luckily, my creditors are kind hearted and excused my absentmindedness without jacking up my interest rates.

2. I forgot to bid on job, a sizeable job at that. When did I remember that I'd forgotten? Two days later...and only after Devin asked me about it.

3. I forget to get babysitters all the time, even though I know I'll need them weeks in advance. And then I've booked two people to babysit on the same night! Seriously.

4. Knowing that I was going to an outdoor mall, on a chilly day, I forgot a jacket for Tigi and a stroller for Alex. Thankfully, Tigi didn't feel like running off, and we were in and out pretty quick.

5. The other night Alex woke up at 5am. I kept giving him his pacifier because I knew I'd just fed him, but he wouldn't take it. Flustered about his unusual hunger, I thought about it for a minute. He really should have been hungry, I hadn't feed him in hours, I just thought I had because I thought I had just gone back to sleep. :)

There have been several more noteable incidents, but I've forgot them...of course. :)

2 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

AMEN!!!!! Now you see why my life is such a mess?!

Wendy said...

It's so true! Pregnancy causes dumbness. My friend theorizes that every time we get pregnant we lose a few IQ points so we can relate better to our children. Sounds right to me!