Monday, August 11, 2008

Lovin SoCal

Last week we went to Southern Cali to enjoy the "cooler" weather and spend a few days having fun in the sun! Since I'm pretty sure it'll be our last road trip until after the baby's born, we made sure to pack in plenty of fun activities.

First we went to Disneyland and oh boy did Tigone love it! She's not fabulous right now with taking pictures, so she looks mad or annoyed in most of them, but she really did have a great time. :)



We spent the next couple days at Huntington Beach. The kiddies went crazy playing in the sand, building castles and jumping over the waves. Tig did much better this year than last (when she was entirely afraid of the ocean and hated sand) and I was so thankful for that! I think her favorite activity was running down the beach (and not stopping till you caught up with her). Little stinker.

A lot of Dev's extended family came to the beach on Friday and the fellas played a couple "heart-bounding" rounds of volleyball. It was the "Over twenty-eights" versus the "Under twenty-eights." It's kind of sad to think that Devin's now on the "old guys" team, but I guess that would have to happen eventually, right?! :) At times the "spiritedness" of the game got to be a little much for the "old guys", as did the BURNING hot sand they played in. But I'm pretty sure everyone had a good time.



And this is why we love summer, it's the best time for vacations!

7 comments:

Kaymee said...

cool background! Your pics are great! I barely have any- I need all you summer pics on a disc :) I especially love the ostrich pic with the old guy in the background!!

Lindsay said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! Disneyland has to be one of my favorite places in the world. I'm glad you were able to go!

Leslie said...

I LOVE your slideshows and I'm so jealous. Disneyland is one of my favorite places and tell Dev...don't feel bad until you're like ME and on the over 40 Team!

Lila said...

What a fun trip. I feel so bad that it has been so long since I have been on your blog that I didn't know that you are expecting! Congratulations. That is very exciting news.
I am hoping that I can convince Travis to take the girls to Disneyland this Christmas. I think that would be a great vacation!

The Cairns Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great vacation, got to love the sand on the face, in the hair and in every nook and cranny when you take kids to the beach! I miss having Cali so close, I am glad that you guys got to go and enjoy it!

Adventures in Healing said...

Isn't Disneyland with kids SO great?! I've thought for a while that one day we will have to go together with our families. You know, I've taken my kids twice and they still have never gotten to ride Dumbo. I never wanted to deal with the line. I'm so mean.

Wendy said...

I am so jealous. I would die for a beach vacation right about now.

It looks like you guys had loads of fun. I love the pic of Tigone with her face all dirty at the beach. It looks like she's eating sand or something- was she?